February 5, 2020
A Message from the Public Service Pension Plan
It’s a new year and there’s new online learning in addition to our ongoing pension education program.
Wondering how being a member of the plan, returning from parental leave, getting a separation or divorce, changing jobs, or choosing a pension option could affect your future pension? Are you nearing retirement and curious how planning now can make your transition to retirement easier? Find answers to your pension questions with pension education!
New and potential members
- Getting to Know Your Pension is 15 minutes of online learning that will introduce you to the value and benefits of plan membership
Members establishing their career or several years away from retirement
- Making the Most of Your Pension can help you maximize your pension by understanding how the decisions you make throughout your career affect your pension when you retire
- Take 45 minutes of online learning or attend the two-hour workshop
Members planning for or within five years of retirement
- Approaching Retirement is designed to help you understand the important decisions you need to make about your pension
- Take 45 minutes of online learning (new) or attend the two-hour workshop
Note: You’ll learn about visiting the plan website for information about your pension options and access to My Account. You can apply for your pension in My Account; it takes only eight clicks to complete the retirement application.
To take online learning or register for a workshop
Visit the Learning resources section of the plan website for the pension education that suits your needs.
Be a pension education ambassador. If you have taken pension education, please encourage your colleagues to do the same so they can benefit from learning more about their pension.
View as a pdf: Bulletin #5 A Message From the Public Service Pension Plan