The Education Committee works to ensure that our Executives, Shop Stewards, and Activists have the Union Education they need to best serve all of our needs. They organize and facilitate workshops themselves as well through our affiliates and allies.
Check out the new Shop Steward Education Videos!
If you would like to learn more about becoming a Shop Steward email the Union office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Basic Shop Steward Training at the Office in Nanaimo
Contact the Committee at: email@example.com
Committee Goals as set out in 2012 Terms of Reference:
- To provide the membership of the BCFMWU with the highest level of Union education.
- To expand and improve the level of education within our Union.
- To continue to utilize and improve our relationship with our affiliates.
- To work as a committee, with all decisions made with committee input.
- Rejuvenate the membership through education.
- Creative engagement of our membership.
- To work with other Provincial Committees and Executive members to increase the amount of training at the Local level.